Trust God and Do Not Be Afraid
Mike Bullmore / January 12, 2020
BIBLE PASSAGE FOR THIS SERMON
The Lord Is My Strength and My Song
12 You will say in that day: 'I will give thanks to you, O Lord, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, that you might comfort me.
2 'Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation.'
3 With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
4 And you will say in that day:
'Give thanks to the Lord, call upon his name, make known his deeds among the peoples, proclaim that his name is exalted.
5 'Sing praises to the Lord, for he has done gloriously; let this be made known in all the earth.
6 Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion, for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel.;
Sermon Application Question – 1/12/2020
- Sunday’s message focused four specific promises. Which one of them most encouraged you? Which one do you need to more actively lay hold of?
- God is with me. Heb.13:5
- God is for me. Psalm 56:9
- God will provide everything I need. Romans 8:32
- God will sustain me to the end and all will be well. I Corinthians 1:8-9
- Are there specific areas of your life that you deal with fear? Name them very specifically. What has God said that is designed to help you replace that particular fear with particular trust?
Mike Bullmore is preaching from Isaiah 12 today in a sermon titled, “Trust God and Do Not Be Afraid.”