Jamie Moon works with InterVarsity at University of Wisconsin, Steven’s Point. InterVarsity (or IV) is a global ministry that is committed to making disciples among college students and faculty. God transformed Jamie through IV as a student, and has given her a passion to reach college students with the gospel.
- As of April 22nd, God has provided 96% of Jamie’s needed funding!
- God was clearly at work at Milwaukee Urban Program (MUP) this past month. Jamie went with 11 students (including 3 international students!) from UWSP to a neighborhood in Milwaukee with one of the highest incarceration rates in the nation. It was a helpful time of studying the gospel and actively serving their neighbors.
- Jamie leads monthly Tea & Talk events, which are Friday evening gatherings designed for outreach to international students. At this past meeting, God brought some new students who are not Christians, but who stayed for the Bible study that followed dinner. Praise God!
- Jamie’s coworker at UWSP and his wife just had their third baby, so they will be on leave for the next few weeks. Pray for stamina and wisdom for Jamie as she assumes more responsibilities during this time!
- Several Christian students under Jamie’s care have been reaching out to friends and classmates. Through common interests such as science or language studies, they have had opportunity for spiritual conversations. Pray that God will continue to give these students boldness and opportunity to share His gospel!
- Pray that InterVarsity will finish strong this year at UWSP. Only three more weeks of class left!
- Pray that God will be at work during Chapter Focus Week from May 19th to May 25th in the Upper Peninsula. This is a time of debriefing and planning for next year for InterVarsity staff and student leaders from this area.
- Jamie will be on staff at the International Leadership Institute for the entire month of July. One of her chief responsibilities will be leading nightly discussion with a group of six Christian students on such topics as leadership, sexuality, and evangelism. Pray for endurance and wisdom for Jamie during this busy month!